Friday, May 7, 2010

Guess who just became an EAGLE SCOUT!!



OH YEAH!! Call the RS President cause all my shirts have just lost their buttons!! So this picture is of Chase this morning as I realized I wanted a picture of him to post on my blog. I wanted a picture that occured after he passed his Eagle Board of Review last night. He was interviewed by men similar to my own Scout Master Doug Baker (actually Doug was doing another Eagle Board in a nearby room since so many young men had prepared themselves). Chase has been waiting for 2 months to get a chance to have his Board but they were booked.

I'm really happy for him and all that he accomplished in getting to this point. He was so nervous because this was so important to him. When he came back in after the Board discussed their decision to pass him or not, Glory was able to accompany him to hear the verdict. They told him that he is going to have to come back next month and report again to them . . . to tell them how it felt to be an Eagle Scout for a month!! He's was totally confused asking "Wait, so I passed?". You gotta love their twisted sense of humor.

Way to go Chase!! You've accomplished a great thing!! I'm so proud of you.

Andrew "where the heck did all those shirt buttons go" Brown

. . . for those of you not getting the "button" comment, it's related to my chest puffing up with pride to the extent that the buttons popped off - get it now?

1 comment:

Natalie Braithwaite said...

Way to go Andrew, Glory and Chase! From what I understand getting an Eagle is a team effort! Chase you are a great brother, nephew, son and cousin we can all look up to!