Friday, March 12, 2010

Rock Sugar Band - spreading the word

I'm an 80's music fan. In fact one of my favorite gifts (actually it was given to my wife in a Christmas gift exchange) was cd's full of 80's music. I have recently heard a couple of songs that I just thought were mashups of a couple of cover songs and then I heard the radio DJ mentioning the band and gave some background on them.

So who are they? They are the Rock Sugar Band and they have a fun site http://rocksugarband.com/home.aspx where they have a humorous back story.

Why do I like them? Cause they take songs like Madonna’s "Like a Prayer" and mix it with AC/DC's "Shook me all night long" and create a song called "Shook me like a prayer". In fact here is a list of their songs:

DON’T STOP THE SANDMAN
WE WILL KICKSTART YOUR RHAPSODY
CRAZY GIRL
VOICES IN THE JUNGLE
HERE COMES THE FOOL YOU WANTED
SHOOK ME LIKE A PRAYER
STRAIGHT TO ROCK CITY
PRAYIN’ FOR A SWEET WEEKEND
HEAVEN AND HEAVEN
BREAKIN’ THE LOVE
I LOVE SUGAR ON ME
ROUND AND SEPARATED
DREAMING OF A WHOLE LOTTA BREAKFAST

They have clips of them and a video of "Don't Stop the Sandman" on the site. I have purchase my CD already (can only buy it on the website). Check them out if you enjoy 80's music and can appreciate the 80's ballads sung to hard rock music.

Check out their site when you have some time to burn, you'll be amused and entertained.

1 comment:

Natalie Braithwaite said...

I think I like 80's music because of you. You left on your mission and we took over what tapes you had not already entrusted to Glory. I have a video of all of us girls jamming out (even Arick, it's pretty good).