Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's not another Solar Panel post is it?!?!

Nope, my solar bill is down to $16.56 which is only the service fee and the tax on the service fee. I generated 100% plus of my own power the last month. So, in trying to stay true to this green streak in me I have decided to start purifying the air with my lungs by skating into work once a week. I'm pretty sure this exposes my lungs to polluted air far more than if I were to bike to work.


So yesterday I was doing good, skating in the dark to work and about 1/2 way there I had to jump up to a curb, caught a nasty crack on the other side and WHAM! I went sliding across the sidewalk. Besides letting out a nice UNGHH sound as my torso smacked into the sidewalk I thought it was a pretty graceful crash. Of course it had to happen amist some folks just having left a bus and folks getting there for the next bus - nothing hurts the pride like witnesses to a FAIL. So I got up and started skating off when I realized my finger was stinging.


I looked down, and saw I had a good blood flow but not at a rate that would prevent me from going the next 5 miles. I didn't have a first aid kit on me (I do now though) so I just skated through until I got to work and then patched myself up. Before I could though, my coworker Chris took a picture of my wound - enjoy!

2 comments:

Natalie Braithwaite said...

Wait!!! Is a chunk of your finger missing, or is it just the lighting? I was just telling Kara about a time in college my bike slipped on some ice and sent me sprawling onto the sidewalk. I laughing so hard I was crying! Adults don't fall down...I'm sorry I probably would have laughed if I'd seen you. Don't be mad, adults are just not ment to fall down. That's why shows like wipe out are so successful! Love!

bugicidal man said...

My finger is intact, and yeah, we aren't supposed to fall, but fall I did and it would have been awsome to see.